A child's skin is much more sensitive than an adult's skin. Chemicals get quickly absorbed into your child's skin and can take a toll on your child's health.
Here are some of the harmful chemicals commonly used in ski and hair care products, that you need to watch out for!
1. Paraben - Parabens are cheap preservatives used in a wide range of cosmetic products. They mimic estrogen in the body and may disrupt your child's natural hormonal balance. Some studies show that they might even cause breast cancer.
2. Phthalates- Phthalates are a group of chemicals used to make products more liquid and less dry. Several studies show links hormonal imbalance, asthma, ADHD, breast cancer, and even diabetes. Just to be safe, avoid phthalates when possible.
3. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) - They're a kind of surfactants used in detergents, car washing liquids etc. Strong evidence shows that both SLS and SLES are irritants to skin, eyes and the respiratory tract. SLES has also been found to be contaminated with the carcinogen 1.4 dioxane.
4. Petroleum & Mineral Oils (Petrochemicals)- Petroleum-based products can be contaminated with dozens of toxic chemicals, some known to cause cancer and damage nerves.
5. Formaldehyde- Out of all the shampoo ingredients that are harmful, formaldehyde may be the scariest. Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen.
6. Propylene Glycol- It is added to shampoos partly to help with their consistency and partly to help your hair and scalp better absorb other ingredients in the shampoo mix. Unfortunately, this compound is a well-known skin and eye irritant.
But worry not! Cocomo personal care products are made using natural & eco-certified ingredients. None of our products contain Paraben, Sulphates, Phthalates, Paraffin, Formaldehyde, Petroleum & other harmful chemicals. Choose only the best & safest for your child! ✔